Monday, October 28, 2019

Paint The Town Day 3 Painting 2


By Friday afternoon the wind was bad!  We looked for a location with a wind block and settled on the wall of an antique store.  I chose this old baby carriage.  During the afternoon, as the sun kept getting lower behind the building, I moved the carriage further and further away so I would still have the strong shadow to paint.


As the wind kept up, my palette had leaves in it, the sun disappeared, and I was gritty and dusty.  However, I loved the painting.  I thought of the many babies that had been pushed in this buggy;  how their mothers had held and loved them just as I had pushed, held and loved my babies.


I think that love shows in a painting (even one with dirt and dust in it.)  Yeah!  I won Best of Show!

1 comment:

Pam Holnback said...

Aliyu, thank you for visiting my blog!