Thursday, September 11, 2014

Morning Reflections -- Day 2, Painting 1 South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration

Morning Reflections
Day 2, Painting 1 South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration
Day 11 of 30 in the 30 in 30 Days Challenge
Oil  12" x 12"
$295.00 + $10. s/h


On the 2nd day of the South Park Plein Air Arts Celebration we went to Bartle Lakes, a privately owned ranch and family run fly fishing operation near Jefferson, Colorado.  There was incredible scenery with high alpine lakes, ponds, trees, trucks, boats.  I could have painted there for days!




Below is my set up in the woods near one of the ponds


I started with the pond reflections first, as I knew these would change with the afternoon weather  (rain and clouds) coming in early.


Then I put in the blue/gray sky before it got even grayer.


No comments: