Friday, January 24, 2014

Vermont Barn - Step 5

Vermont Barn Step 5
Oil  20" x 20"

Day 24 in the 30 in 30 Days Challenge

At this point I'm nearing the end.  With the sky painted in I can really look at the barn and all the color notes around the sky to see if they read correctly.  I've worked a bit more on the shrubs in the front.  The way the lightest, tallest shrub breaks up the long building helps the composition.  The shadow side of the silo needs a bit of darkening.  The grass in the shade needs a little more shade.  The lightest spots on the lighter side of the barn are a bit too light.  The cupola hasn't yet been painted.  I'll work on all of those, then look at it all again for several days.  Then fix what needs to be fixed, look at it some more and then I'll be done!

No comments: